Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Summer Session - St. John's University, Queens, NY

Here’s some from Tuesday at St. John’s University in Queens.

I was a bit concerned going into today’s shoot, simply because my camera hadn’t left the bag since May 7th. It took a bit to get going, but had a productive day shooting some undergrad stuff and later on in the afternoon focusing on Graduate material.

Summer time shoots are always a huge challenge for me. As all of you know the activity on campus is sporadic at best.

It’s the time of year that the admissions office recruits kids from their office to play the part (arrgggggghhhhhhh)... This drives me absolutely NUTS.....

Curious to see what eveyone’s take on summer shoots...

To see our entire online portfolio of admissions marketing photography goto: FJ GAYLOR Photography

4 comments:

JamieHS said...

Everyone revamps their pubs during the Summer. I think when you don't plan or no one is really in charge then you are out trying to get stuff when no one is around.

It drives me crazy, when we miss all the stuff that goes on during the school year that we are actually "selling."

jeremywilburn said...

Summers are always tough. I just finished putting together our publications so now I know what I'll need to shoot. I've been looking (albeit not too hard) for some opportunities this summer, but not only are students sparse, but faculty are too. I guess that's what happens to an already small school in the summer.

Unfortunately, you have to work with what you're given some times. And why did they want to do it during the summer? They are going to have a lot of good photos of the same students. I'm curious to see how they use them.

Kyle James said...

You can get some GREAT campus shots through the summer though! I thought your predicament particularly entertaining, I'm laughing with you not at you, because we just posted a video to the site that was basically Admission inviting people to visit.

DrBurst| College Intention said...

yea know, this explains the "perfect student" you see in shots all the time. Of course it's staged if they hire you in the summer.

Well, at least shots of the teachers will be great, they would be relaxed.