Thursday, December 14, 2006

MIT Admissions Blogs


Would anyone care to comment on WHY the MIT Admissions Blogs have such an amazing following? I've visited numerous admissions blogs recently, and the amount of feedback that the MIT Blogs get are astounding... A recent sampling of Matt McGann's and Ben Jones' blog entries yield some unbelievable feedback. Matt's last three entries have received almost 250 comments, and Ben's comments are equally impressive. What is it about these two blogs in particular that have students attention? Is it the storied reputation of MIT? or Just great content? or Great Branding? I don't know, I think it's a combination of all of these and many others. By going through several of these posts and comments, I have found that Ben and Matt's entries are very personal as well as great academic content.. It seems that they have really connected with the students in a way I have yet to see from other Admissions Blogs.. I would love to hear some thoughts on this topic... It seems like MIT has gotten it right, what can everyone else learn from them...

2 comments:

img said...

nothing

Sam Jackson said...

I would first point to high-level integration with the MyMIT / general MIT Admissions website... that is, you go to log in to MyMIT and you're hit in the face by a link to the blogs. There's more than that, too--a lot more, actually--but I will write more about the success of the MIT blogs as a case study? sometime in the future. I've touched on it in the past, I think, and a lot of it stems from great institutional support for the blogs.